9.01.2011

Feature & Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop (3)

I'll be participating in Book Blogger Hop and Feature & Follow Friday once again! Welcome, and feel free to leave a comment! And I hope that you're joining in the fun!

Feature & Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read:



First question:

If you could change the ending to any book (or series), which book would you choose? Why and to what?

CAUTION: MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE HUNGER GAMES SERIES ENDING BELOW!

In case you didn't catch my warning up above, The Hunger Games. I wouldn't say I hated the ending, but I severely disliked it, and not because of Prim's fate. First, I disliked how quickly it went. After Katniss shoots Coin (why do I want to keep calling her "Acorn," again?) there basically is no ending. Katniss walks around in a daze, and we really don't see what happens to the world. I mean, no riots in the Capitol? District 2? And what happened to Haymitch? Quite frankly, he was my favorite character. I reread the last part we see him and I THINK there's an allusion to him dying, but then again maybe he just left ("Haymitch drinks until the liquor runs out, and then raises geese until the next train arrives. Fortunately, the geese can take pretty good care of themselves."- page 387) And Gale too, what about him? Honestly, if any epilogue were to be written, I want to hear about Panem one hundred years later, to see if things really did change for the better. After all, I'm pretty sure they didn't host another Hunger Games after Katniss's last, but it isn't explicitly stated, and who knows, maybe things got so bad again that the Hunger Games returned, or something worse took their place.

END HUNGER GAMES SPOILERS. (P.S. That was the first time I've cracked open Mockingjay since I finished it on, like, the second of January. It still smells like it's new...)

And now, onto the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Crazy for Books:

Book Blogger Hop

“What are you most looking forward to this fall/autumn season – A particular book release? Halloween? The leaves changing color? Cooler temperatures? A vacation? (If your next season is other than fall/autumn, tell us about it and what you are most looking forward to in your part of the world!)”

Three Things:
1) National Novel Writing Month (Nov. 1st)
2) The release of Legend by Marie Lu (Nov. 29)
3) The start of my SENIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL!!! (Sept. 7)

Again, I welcome all newcomers!

13 comments:

  1. New follower. Coming here through the hop of course. I chose the way Lost ended. I hated the ending. I wanted something a little bit more original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I'm with you on Mockingjay. The whole book had a lot of problems. At least the second half.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower! I also had issues with Mockingjay!

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi & Happy Friday :)

    Mockingjay is a popular pick this week - I completely agree..

    My FF & 500 follower giveaway - www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHH! I've just brought the first book, The Hunger Games, after receiving gasps whenever I tell people I am yet to read them. I've not started them yet but I'm going to soon.

    My FF and Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Hunger Games seems to be a popular pick as this week's answer. Makes me wonder if it's worth the read. But like you mentioned, you didn't completely hate the ending. Hmm... I'm still on the fence about this one.

    I'm a new follower.

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on making it to your Senior year! I am determined to make it through National Novel Writing Month this year!
    Karen @ Books Beside My Bed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Senior year! Hope it's a lot of fun.
    I've seen Mockingjay a few times this weekend. I think it just wasn't what most people were expecting. I really liked the book, but I could have done with more details at the end, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, the ending of Mockingjay wasn't perfect. Your comment sums it up perfectly. I read the book just 2 weeks ago and I still can't completely get my thought together.

    My FF post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi-I am glad that we are now mutual followers and I look forward to reading your future posts-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi just followed from the Hop, could you follow back, thks in advance xx http://beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated, but they are also monitored! Please leave unkind words and spam someplace other than this blog.

Also, practice Internet safety and please do not include any personal information in the comments.

Other than those two itty-bitty rules, I appreciate your input :)