8.13.2011

In My Mailbox: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

A bit late, but I got The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin just before I went on vacation and didn't have time to make a post for it.

Pictured Above: Not blogging

But, onto the topic of this post, an ARC of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer!




I apologize for the fuzzy picture, but the book cover itself is a bit dark to begin with. Just a cover post for now (although the cover alone is fantastic) but I have started the book and don't want to spoil anything, especially before my review :)

Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong.
(Description from Goodreads)

I know that the description is a bit vague, but it is the same as on the back of the book. I also think that, just from what I have read of it, that it will be a pretty big hit: hot guys, supernatural themes, and a girl-next-door protagonist seems to be what's popular in YA fiction now. It's also quite the whopper at 450 pages on the nose; it'll be sure to last a few people quite a while!

It will be released September 27, 2011 from Simon & Schuster and my review on Figment will pop up sometime around then. If you just can't wait for a review from me, you can find some around the Internet already.

Here's to happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated, but they are also monitored! Please leave unkind words and spam someplace other than this blog.

Also, practice Internet safety and please do not include any personal information in the comments.

Other than those two itty-bitty rules, I appreciate your input :)