7.04.2012

Waiting on Wednesday (13): Quarantine: The Loners by Lex Thomas


From Goodreads:
It was just another ordinary day at McKinley High—until a massive explosion devastated the school. When loner David Thorpe tried to help his English teacher to safety, the teacher convulsed and died right in front of him. And that was just the beginning.
A year later, McKinley has descended into chaos. All the students are infected with a virus that makes them deadly to adults. The school is under military quarantine. The teachers are gone. Violent gangs have formed based on high school social cliques. Without a gang, you’re as good as dead. And David has no gang. It’s just him and his little brother, Will, against the whole school.

In this frighteningly dark and captivating novel, Lex Thomas locks readers inside a school where kids don’t fight to be popular, they fight to stay alive.
Publication Date: July 10th, 2012
Publisher: Egmont USA
Amazon, Goodreads, Author's Website

.......... 
I've become more interested in survival fiction recently, so I'm adding anything remotely along those lines to my to-read list instantly. It isn't so much a "got to prepare for the Mayan calender" thing as it is a morbid fascination one. Survival fiction, I think, brings out the best in characters, and makes it easier for both the author and the reader to see more of how a character thinks and reacts in tough times because they are put in a desperate situation to begin with. How one acts under pressure says a lot about a person.
..........

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted over at Breaking the Spine.


12 comments:

  1. Good choice it sounds like a pretty good read :D

    My Wednesday MEME

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love survival fiction! Thanks for bringing this one to my attention. I think this sounds fantastic!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting concept. The cover is kind of creepy.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds interesting. It's not what I normally read, but I bet it would be thrilling to read! Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this sounds awesome! I need to check it out, Thanks for showing me!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is amazing. I really, really loved it. I gave it a 4 or 5 star rating I think. Great choice.

    My WOW and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like an interesting take on the survival story.

    My WOW: http://breathofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, can I just say that I love your template and the way your background-pattern really matches the rest?! I LOVE IT!! XD

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Surprisingly, I haven't heard about this book before, but it sounds fantastic! I'll definitely be adding this one to my TBR-Shelf!(:

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    P.S. - I love your blog - it's absolutely beautiful! Plus, green is my favorite color! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one looks SO great! I cannot wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this sounds awesome! Adding it to my already-too-long TBR list.


    Mind checking out my WoW?
    -Danie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, love your blog! I found it from a Waiting on Wednesday site. I am a new follower, I would love a follow back http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated, but they are also monitored! Please leave unkind words and spam someplace other than this blog.

Also, practice Internet safety and please do not include any personal information in the comments.

Other than those two itty-bitty rules, I appreciate your input :)