7.18.2012

Waiting on Wednesday (15): Glitch by Heather Anastasiu


From Goodreads:

In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.
When Zoe starts to malfunction (or “glitch”), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.
As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.
In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Publication Date: August 7th, 2012
Amazon, Goodreads, Author's Website
..........

Yeah, I know, if I had a dollar for every time a new YA dystopian series came out, claiming to be "exciting" or the next big thing, I'd be pretty rich. In all honesty though, I really am excited for this one. I feel like technology-based plots in YA dystopian novels are underrated, and I wish that there were more of them! As scary as it is, especially mentioned in this context, computers are our present and future, and technological implants are already a reality in our world. I think that it's something that's going to become more and more common, both in fact and in fiction. Not that that's bad, but certainly interesting to think about!

..........

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted over at Breaking the Spine.


10 comments:

  1. I really want to read this one, I've heard some really awesome things about it. +New GFC follower :)
    Check out my WoW post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I'm excited for this book as well.

    My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives - New follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this book. I love the cover!

    Waiting on Wednesday

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds so intriguing! I can't wait to read it either!

    -Kate
    Check out my WoW: Nomalicious Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on Goodreads! The cover is so attractive! I love it and the story sounds amazing too! :D Great pick!

    Here's My WoW post! 

    Btw....I am a new follower! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. A little Orwellian! Love it

    My WoW

    @TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I have this book on Netgalley, but I haven't got the time to read it yet. Can't wait for it, though ^^

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-16-lilith.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds awesome. I've seen it around the blog-sphere for a long time now but this is the first time that I actually read the summary and I liked what I read. I'd love to get my hands on a copy as soon as it comes out. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read some mixed reviews about this book but I think it sounds pretty awesome. I love like dystopian books mixed with sci-fi/computer related stuff. I just think it's awesome! Great choice. :)

    My WoW - Mind Games

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome pick! I have a galley of this on my kindle! I'm looking forward to reading it!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated, but they are also monitored! Please leave unkind words and spam someplace other than this blog.

Also, practice Internet safety and please do not include any personal information in the comments.

Other than those two itty-bitty rules, I appreciate your input :)