6.15.2012

Fantastic Covers Friday (8): Twilight by Stephanie Meyer


Fantastic Covers Friday is a weekly meme over here at Brave New Shelf where I highlight beautiful covers that I find, from both old books and new, from young adult books.

This Week:




The Japanese covers for the three books of Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. (NOT graphic novels!)

[Cover information unknown. Please leave a comment if you know the artist/ designer!]

..........
I've been having a lot of mixed feelings brought on by the Twilight books recently, so expect some themed posts coming up. The one thing that I like about Meyer's website is that she's collected some of the covers of her books from around the world, and ever since I read the first book in seventh grade I've been in love with the illustrations from the Japanese editions. Each book is divided into three, and they're on a very, very short list of mine of covers I like with drawn humans.

I like that they're frank: the books are about Edward and Bella. Bella and Edward. You don't need any unnecessary images, those would just clog up the cover. I also think that they're a nice change from the red, black, and white theme of the American covers, though those are lovely too. The second one is my favorite, I love Bella's sweet smile and calm pose.

If you do an Internet search you can find some of the other images from the book series, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated, but they are also monitored! Please leave unkind words and spam someplace other than this blog.

Also, practice Internet safety and please do not include any personal information in the comments.

Other than those two itty-bitty rules, I appreciate your input :)