6.22.2012

Fantastic Covers Friday (9): Banished by Sofie Littlefield

Fantastic Covers Friday is a weekly meme over here at Brave New Shelf where I highlight beautiful covers that I find, both old and new, from young adult books.

This Week:


Banished by Sophie Littlefield
Jacket photograph © 2010 by Lara Jade
Jacket illustration © 2010 by Shutterstock
Jacket design by Stephanie Moss

..........
The combinations of blues and blacks on this cover is very powerful. I love that the girl is not only hiding behind her hair, but the print of the cover of the book as well. All-caps in the title fits in well with the chilling blue theme, and I knew the moment that I looked at this book that it had some serious themes in it. 
It also looks to me as though the model on the cover was intended to be a bit racially ambiguous. I thought when I had first seen the cover that she was Asian, but now I'm not so certain. Seeing as there's certainly a shortage of non-white models on book covers, I think it's refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated, but they are also monitored! Please leave unkind words and spam someplace other than this blog.

Also, practice Internet safety and please do not include any personal information in the comments.

Other than those two itty-bitty rules, I appreciate your input :)