8.11.2012

Camp NaNoWriMo Week 2 (8/4-8/10)

12,317

What it should be: 16,120 (as of midnight, 8/11)

Favorite lines:

“Would I want to what?” I whispered back, then cringed. Even my whispers sounded loud compared to his, as though I would wake the entirety of Red Efts if I uttered another hushed word.
“Have you ever thought, you know, about...” he trailed off again, like he expected me to finish. I shook my head and shrugged. I had no idea what he was talking about?
He took a deep breath, like he was preparing for his news. “Have you ever thought about becoming like me?”


Biggest stressor: Trying to keep up. Words have been coming to be much easier than past NaNos, but something just feels off about the story. I'm just not used to writing paranormal romance, so I guess it just feels a little strange seeing as I don't read it either. I feel like I'm procrastinating because I know that it will be so easy to catch up later, which is really dangerous!

How I feel about this week: Okay. I'm crazy far behind, but that's never stopped me from winning before. I'm going to be away this weekend, but I'm bringing my laptop so hopefully I'll get some good inspiration and up my word count! I feel good about the story itself, it's coming along pretty strong and I have a solid ending planned! I'm really excited for it.


1 comment:

  1. Waahhh! I should so be doing this. Except that I know that writing in summer is a mighty odd thing for me - the heat is awful, and I don't have AC! So... for now I'm sitting back. I can't wait for November to be here, though. You planning on participating again? We should go in together! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated, but they are also monitored! Please leave unkind words and spam someplace other than this blog.

Also, practice Internet safety and please do not include any personal information in the comments.

Other than those two itty-bitty rules, I appreciate your input :)