8.02.2012

Haymitch Poster (review?)

Happy Dystopian August everybody! *tosses confetti* Not gonna lie, I seriously think that this is my favorite book blogging related event all year, mainly because it's an entire month devoted to me curled up with a snack of what I believe to be the most beautifully written, politically messed-up books out there.

Today's post isn't so much about books as it is about movies, but it was a movie based on a book, so that's okay right? About a week ago I was sailing through Amazon when I caught sight of some Hunger Games film posters being offered. You've got Katniss, Peeta, and Gale, of course, but they also offered the profiles of other characters like Cato, Rue, Haymitch, Effie, and Cinna.
Amazon
So in my quick thinking I had figured "Hey! These are limited edition! I'd better buy some before they run out!" The first one that I bought was Haymitch's, because he's my favorite Hunger Games character and, you know, teen girls everywhere are clamoring for his face on their bedroom walls, so his was more like to sell out first (or at least that's what I tell myself.)

Step aside, Justin Bieber 
He came in the mail in a HUGE box which was almost comic judging that it contained only the one poster and one hardcover book that I bought. I had friends over, so I didn't unroll him in his full glory until later.

Today, actually.

Ladies and Gentlemen: My Door

It's probably hard to tell, but Haymitch's poster is pretty freakin' big, to use the vernacular. I mean, he's at least a couple of inches wider than my movie posters that I bought from F.Y.E, and you can tell from the picture above that he dwarfs my Figment poster.

Here he is with my paperback copy of The Hunger Games.

I don't think he'll end up replacing my beloved Hunger Games book cover poster, which has reigned over my door for about two and a half years now, but he's still a nice addition to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated, but they are also monitored! Please leave unkind words and spam someplace other than this blog.

Also, practice Internet safety and please do not include any personal information in the comments.

Other than those two itty-bitty rules, I appreciate your input :)